Show: Mama’s Family
Title: Ellen’s Boyfriend
Original Air Date: November 17, 1983
Click either link to get a copy.
iTunes not available at this time
* Mama: Sassiness does not sit well on a young face Missy.
* Mama: These slides are boring my bunions off too.
* Mama: Presbyterian, huh? Well they run a good bingo.
* Mama: I hope this things in English. I hate it when you have to guess what you’re eating.
* Mama: I hope you two old bags live happily ever after.
* Mama: What was she thinking? I’ve got wrinkles that are older than that boy.
* Mama: If I give it enough time he won’t be too young for you.
* Mama: Lord, how did I ever raise such a pack of sex maniacs?
Synopsis: Mama is trying to set up a projector screen. Buzz and Sonja try to sneak out but Mama catches them. Fran doesn’t want to watch the slides either. Everyone is up in arms over watching the slides. Ellen pops in and tells them she’s not staying. The kids make a run for it. Ellen is going to a lonely-hearts club. Before she leaves, Vint gives her some spare keys for her new locks. Mama decides they are still going to watch the slides. Later, Ellen get dropped off at Mama’s by Glenn. He wants to meet her family. He’s taking her to dinner at Chez Ray. However, it turns out Mama is home. When she walks in Mama wants Ellen to take her to the dentist. Mama wants to meet the man, but Ellen runs out. Vint finally gets off the phone and tells Mama he won. They are all going to Chez Ray tonight. Ellen and Glenn are at the restaurant. He leaves the table as Mama and family walk in. Fran spots Ellen. They all decide to join her. Ellen tells Mama that Glenn brought her there. Ellen introduces everyone to Glenn. Fran notices the bag that Ellen is using and flips her lid. They all make a big scene. The manager tries to calm it down. Ellen has a meltdown. At the house, Mama is cleaning like a mad woman. Fran tries to calm her down. She goes on about the bag and Mama gives it to her. Ellen comes in and the two get into a fight. Ellen realizes that Mama is jealous. They make up. Ellen rushes off to go be with Glenn.