Show: Mama’s Family
Title: The Mama Who Came to Dinner
Original Air Date: December 22, 1983
Click either link to get a copy.
iTunes not available at this time
* Naomi: I am not jealous. And I will thank you to keep your nose out of my nose.
* Thelma: Didn’t you two get enough of the usual last night?
* Thelma: Well don’t just stand there, your company is here. Open the door and let the good times roll.
* Thelma: Why should your fun be ruined by my agony?
* Thelma: What I get is that you’re making fun of someone in pain.
* Naomi: Let me cut it in half for you, Ms. Harper. I certainly wouldn’t want you to choke.
Synopsis: Fran and Thelma are at the table working on her stamps. She wants a very nice heating pad. Vint and Naomi return home from their dinner party. Naomi is not happy about it. Fran suggests they have one there and Thelma cook for it. No one agrees on any of it. After some fighting and egging on, Thelma agrees to let them have a dinner party at her house. It’s now the day of the dinner party and Naomi is grating on Thelma’s nerves. Vint’s kids aren’t excited about going to the movies with Thelma. But as she is getting ready to leave she bends over to pick up some magazines and has a back spasm. She’s now laid out flat on the floor on her back. Fran and the kids leave her there and go to the movies. Naomi’s guests see Thelma and are surprised. She ruins the appetizers. She starts telling depressing stories about people who have died and other creepy medical stories. They wind up feeding her and the evening goes downhill even faster. Thelma then starts telling stories about the things Naomi has said behind everyone’s back. All the guests leave after a little over an hour. Vint is beyond furious. Naomi is acting as if nothing was wrong. She grabs the tablecloth and then puts the tv trays over Thelma and throws the tablecloth over it. She even turns out the lights and exits the room. Thelma keeps calling for Naomi as all the beer she drank is starting to get to her. She starts screaming for help.