Show: The Golden Girls
Title: The End of the Curse
Original Air Date: September 27, 1986
Click either link to get a copy.
* Rose: Do they have to be killed?
Sophia: No Rose, many women like wearing coats that urinate.
* Rose: Nothing is so terrible that you can’t tell us. We’re your friends, we’ll understand.
Blanche: I’m pregnant.
*Sophia: What shocking news?
Rose: Blanche is pregnant.
Sophia: Holy cow.
* Dorothy: Nine weeks late and you just realized something is wrong?
* Rose: I never grew a beard.
Sophia: You never grew brains either.
* Rose: I live in Florida. Who can tell the difference between a hot flash and a weather front?
* Dorothy: She could be in a coma. Put a man within 5 miles, she’d roll over and shave her legs.
* Blanche: They eat their weight in food every day?
Dorothy: When I’m depressed so do I.
Synopsis: The girls are in the garage. They’ve purchased minks to breed for fur. Blanche has been depressed and is in her room. She finally comes out but gets hysterical again. She tells them she is pregnant and Rose faints from shock. Sophia comes out and learns about the news too and she is quite surprised. When she gets out her book and lists the names of the possible father’s it’s a long list. Meanwhile, the minks aren’t doing anything. Blanche finally goes to the doctor. She’s not pregnant, it’s menopause. Blanche doesn’t want to engage with the world, so the girls make her see a psychiatrist. He cheers her up because he asks her out on a date. At the house, she’s depressed again. She thinks she’s not a woman anymore. The girls try to cheer her up. Everyone talks about how they first got their periods. Sophia tells a bald face lie about an older woman getting pregnant. A vet checks out the minks and says they are too old to breed. Blanche makes a pass at him. Blanche comes back from her date and she is quite happy. Dorothy wants to get rid of them but Rose wants to save them. However, Blanche decides to keep them.