Show: The Golden Girls
Title: The Way We Met
Original Air Date: May 10, 1986
Click either link to get a copy.
Amazon The Golden Girls: Season 1
* Blanche: I never should have watched it. Why, that shower scene is the reason I never shower alone.
Dorothy: And Goldilocks and the three bears is why you prefer not to sleep alone?
* Rose: Why would you name a room Blanche Deveraux?
Blanche: I like a roommate with a sense of humor.
* Madame Zelda: Move in this house and you’ll die an agonizing death.
* Sophia: The woman has slut embroidered on her underwear.
* Blanche: When a beam of moonlight hit my cleavage, suddenly the band began to play. It was at that moment I realized my bosoms had the power to make music.
* Grocer: Those are very nice cantaloupes.
Blanche: Why, thank you.
* Dorothy: Rose why don’t you save it for The Price is Right?
* Dorothy: Until I met you I didn’t know people actually talked back to their rice crispies.
* Blanche: I know I’ve been having a very good time and there isn’t even a man in the room.
* Dorothy: Oh, I think this could be the beginning of a beautiful friendship.
Synopsis: Rose enters the kitchen in the middle of the night with the lights off. Dorothy comes in after turning on the lights scaring her. Rose thought she heard something. Blanche comes in with a golf club. Watching Psycho was too much for them. The three sit around the table. They scare away their fright with a cheesecake. We get a flash back of Rose and Blanche meeting. Blanche is putting up an advertisement on a local board in a grocery store and Rose walks up carrying a cat. She was thrown out of her apartment because of the cat she has. Blanche decides against Rose as a roommate and leaves. A little boy comes up to Rose and she gives him the cat. Blanche witnesses it and then decides to show her the room. Blanche then shares some memories of other prospective roommates, including Madame Zelda, a deranged psychic. Dorothy drops by with Sophia. The meeting is a little rocky. Dorothy then tells about her first meeting with Rose on move in day. There is some confusion about who gets what room. Rose helps bring in Dorothy’s things and accidentally breaks a vase that Blanche has. They go out to dinner after that. Back in the kitchen its now 2am. Blanche tells one of her many stories of romance. Then they recall their first grocery shopping trip and how it didn’t go well. While checking out, Rose keeps correcting the checker on incorrect prices. They all get in a big fight. When they get back to the house they all storm around. Another argument takes place over how to store cereal. Dorothy doesn’t think they’re going to be successful as roommates. Rose proceeds to tell a St. Olaf story. By the end of her story they are hysterical. Rose puts a cheesecake in the fridge and everyone is happy. As they sit around the table, they eat another cheesecake. Sophia comes in the kitchen, screaming with a knife in her hand. She scares them a lot and so they stay up later.