Show: Family Matters
Title: Rock Video
Original Air Date: April 27, 1990
Click on either link to get a copy.
* Steve: Did you think of me while you were camping?
Laura: Yeah, every time I used the bug spray.
* Mother Winslow: Once Carl has made up his mind the best thing to do is stand back and watch him fall.
* Steve: This is going to be the biggest bomb since Howard the Duck.
* Harriet: That wasn’t a rock video. That was a love letter from Eddie Winslow to Eddie winslow.
* Carl: When a man decides to go on an ego trip, he usually winds up going alone.
Synopsis: The family has just returned from a camping trip and are greeted by Steve. He accidently inflates the raft. That afternoon Laura and Judy come into the kitchen and are afraid Carl is paying bills. Instead he’s doing the taxes. Harriet comes home to find Carl doing taxes. Harriet has given Eddie’s band permission to practice. Mother Winslow is dancing. They are prepping for a video shoot. Rachel is going to choreograph. They relocate to the garage where Steve marches in playing the accordion. No one is happy about Steve until he volunteers to shoot the video. Meanwhile, Carl is still trying to do the taxes and failing. The video starts and Eddie wants it to be all about him. Later, everyone is in the living room to watch the video. No one is pleased. Steve tells them the instructions Eddie gave him and everyone quits. In the kitchen, Carl has finished the taxes. Harriet arrives. She had his brother do their taxes. When she tells him they are getting a refund he’s thrilled. Carl goes out to check on Eddie. They have a heart to heart. At dinner Carl suggests they all help Eddie make the video. He agrees but only if Aunt Rachel rewrites the lyrics. It’s now time for the results. They win the contest.