Show: The Golden Girls
Title: Job Hunting
Original Air Date: March 9, 1986
Click either link to get a copy.
Amazon The Golden Girls: Season 1
* Dorothy: That’s great. If she learned to catch a frisbee in her teeth she can find work as a Golden Retriever.
* Dorothy: Nice to meet you Milton. I live here, you don’t.
* Sophia: If you have to go out tomorrow ask those crybabies not to call during The Young and the Restless.
* Rose: Why, oh, why can’t grief take a holiday?
* Blanche: I already lost one pound.
Sophia: In your dreams.
* Sophia: He’s a man. It’s not like sharing a yogurt.
Synopsis: Blanche is singing in the kitchen. Sophia comes in and is upset because there is no pepperoni. Dorothy comes in and she’s in a fabulous mood. But Rose comes in with bad news. Her counseling center has closed and she doesn’t have a job anymore. They all try to console her. But she only seems to care about the misplaced patients. It’s another day and Dorothy finds a complete stranger on the lanai. Rose comes out. Dorothy thinks it’s Rose’s boyfriend. It turns out to be a patient from the center. Rose tells Dorothy she hasn’t even started looking for work. Dorothy gets a message that Barry Glick is in town. She had the hots for him in school. Late that night, Dorothy wakes Rose for a phone call. Now the whole house is awake. They all discuss Rose and her situation. They try and intervention. However, Rose tells them the truth. She’s had lots of interviews but no one has been willing to hire her. Dorothy and Blanche go to her room and try to comfort her. Dorothy punches up her resume. Rose feels better and they all go to the kitchen. They have a feast. While they feast they talk about their love life until the morning. It’s another day and Milton is making a pass at Blanche. They make a date. Dorothy is excited about going on a second date with Barry Glick. However, it turns out that Barry is gay. Rose comes home. She got a new job as a waitress. Blanche and Dorothy are shocked, but they finally support her.