Show: The Golden Girls
Title: Nice and Easy
Original Air Date: February 1, 1986
* Blanche: All right, you all please, no more rat talk.
* Dorothy: At 30,000 feet, she picks up a doctor, now I see the resemblance.
* Dorothy: Rose, do you have any idea how weird you are?
* Dorothy: This is the second man she’s gone away with and she only got here yesterday.
* Blanche: Ed picking up Michael was doing his job. You picking up Ed is something we need to talk about.
* Dorothy: Rose are you telling a story or performing “Our Town?”
* Rose: This mouse is an odd duck.
Dorothy: Rose, how many head wounds have you had?
* Dorothy: Ed for a policeman you’ve led a very sheltered life.
* Dorothy: I don’t believe this, I’m talking to a mouse. The scary part is I think you’re listening.
* Rose: Don’t be silly, you couldn’t even kill a little mouse.
* Dorothy: We enjoyed having you.
Sophia: So did half of Miami.
Synopsis: Sophia is painting her nails in the living room. Blanche is upset because her niece, Lucy, is coming to visit. Dorothy comes out of the kitchen freaking out about a rat, but Rose says it’s a mouse. Blanche wants to call an exterminator, but Rose won’t let her. She tells a story about a pet mouse she had and how he saved her life. The doorbell rings and it’s Lucy. Lucy tells them she met a doctor on the plane. The next day Dorothy is upset because the mouse is still there. Rose tells her she will talk to the mouse. Blanche storms in upset that Lucy never came home. Lucy walks in the kitchen. She tells them the doctor took her on a midnight cruise. Out on the lanai Sophia and Dorothy are playing checkers. Lucy comes out and tells them she’s going out again. Dorothy assumes it’s the doctor again, but it’s someone from the college. Blanche comes out and checks on her. When Lucy tells her she’s going to the Bahamas, she’s upset but then lets her go. After she takes off Dorothy tells her she’s not going with the doctor. Blanche will try and talk to her when she gets back. Sophia tells a story. Blanche falls asleep on the couch waiting for Lucy to come home. Lucy has a third guy with her, Ed a policeman. Blanche tries to ground her but Lucy storms out. In the kitchen Blanche is upset. The girls try to comfort her. Rose tells a story about when she rebelled as a teen. Blanche then tells several stories about her teenage years. Blanche decides to go after Lucy. They all get up to leave and Dorothy screams about the mouse. Lucy is at her newest boyfriend’s apartment. There’s a knock at the door and its Blanche, Dorothy and Rose. Rose compliments Ed on his apartment while Blanche and Lucy talk in his room. They have quite the heart to heart. In the living room, Ed gives Rose a Miami Vice trivia quiz. Blanche and Lucy come out and everyone leaves. Back in the kitchen, we see the adorable little field mouse. Dorothy is trying to kill it with a broom but winds up having a conversation with it. Rose walks in and catches the conversation. Dorothy convinces the mouse to exit the way it came in. Rose is so excited that Dorothy can talk to animals and Dorothy tries to play it off. Blanche comes in and lets them know Lucy is about to leave. Everyone says goodbye. Rose wants to know what she told Lucy that night. Blanche gives them a short version.
Categories: Blog Archive, The Golden Girls
Leave a Reply