Show: Family Matters
Title: Laura’s First Date
Original Air Date: December 18, 1989
Click on either link to get a copy.
Amazon Click here to get a copy of Family Matters: Season 1
iTunes Family Matters, Season 1 – Family Matters
* Eddie: The dress is bad enough but this push up bra is killing me.
* Laura: You know Mom in some countries girls get married at 13.
Harriet: Sure and they die at 30.
* Laura: Was that a yes?
Carl: No but I think it was a threat on your life.
* Laura: Not Urkel. Not now. Not ever.
* Judy: Brussels sprouts make me puke.
* Laura: That’s how I know a dance is coming up, the phone goes dead.
* Eddie: No guts, no glory.
* Eddie: Laura, any guy that wouldn’t go out with you isn’t good enough for you anyway.
* Rachel: Why did you do that?
Harriet: I didn’t know it was a tear-away dress.
* Carl: I already set her up with Steve Urkel.
Eddie: The mouse eater?
Carl: He eats mice?
* Laura: You hired Tyrone to take me to the dance?
* Harriet: Dear Lord, please let this boy like her.
* Laura: Next time you think about fixing me up, think of Steve Urkel.
Synopsis: Rachel has Eddie in a dress while she alters it. Carl, Laura and Judy walk in and are concerned. Laura tries to talk with Harriet about a dance and she won’t have it. She asks her Carl, who says yes. Harriet is not happy. Laura keeps trying. Carl talks to Harriet about the dance. But Harriet is worried that Laura will get serious about a boy too soon. Harriet gives in, but she is not happy. Later at Leroy’s Laura and her friend are talking about dates. Urkel comes over and asks Laura to the dance. Back at the house the family is eating dinner. Rachel tells Laura she wants to make her a dress for the dance. Carl hits the phones trying to get a date for Laura. He calls Mr. Urkel, Steve’s dad and sets her up with him. Laura is moping on the back porch and Eddie tries to cheer her up. He suggests she calls Mark and asks him to the dance herself. Eddie heads off to shoot hoops and Laura heads back in the house. She calls Mark and asks him to the dance. It’s dance night and Laura is wearing the dress Rachel made. Harriet pulls a loose string and a sleeve falls off. Laura freaks out. Carl homes home and Carl mentions Steve. The doorbell rings and its Steve. Carl learns from Steve that Laura is not his biggest fan and he starts to have regrets. Eddie comes in with Tryrone, he’s taking Laura to the dance. So now there are two dates at the house. Laura comes down stairs in a different dress. She becomes outraged. The doorbell rings and its Mark, Laura’s date. He tries to rush them out, but Steve appears. Steve tells them that Carl set up the date. Laura rushes off upset. The two non-dates are dealt with. Harriet tries to calm her down. Laura tells her that she asked him. Harriet tells her it took Carl 6 weeks to work up the courage to ask her out. Back in the living room Mark tells Laura he’s liked her for a long time. They leave for the dance. Rachel rushes back in with the dress repaired. Later that evening Harriet and Carl are watching a movie when Laura comes home. She had a good time.
Categories: Blog Archive, Family Matters
Leave a Reply