Show: The Nanny
Title: The Playwright
Original Air Date: September 19, 1994
Click on either link to get a copy.
iTunes not available
* Fran: It’s not my place, God will punish you.
* Fran: Brighton that was very mean. Now look what you’ve done. You’ve made her wheeze.
* Fran: It’s never too late to right a wrong that you’ve done to another human being.
* Fran: Oh Jeffrey, what have you been doing since high school?
Jeffery: Shock therapy.
* Fran: Do I sound like I’m coming down with a cold?
* Fran: I don’t think I’d be comfortable sitting on wooden balls. At least not on the first date.
* Fran: Jeffery, I think I pulled a hustle muscle.
* Fran: See you did the right thing and God smiled on you. God, Maybelline and half a box of Kleenex.
* Brooke: I don’t need an A I want to see what a D feels like.
Synopsis: Fran sorts laundry and finds some sexy male underwear. She thinks it’s Max’s but its Niles. Brighton comes in with Brooke, his science partner. There is a dance coming up and neither have a date. Fran tells a scary story about going to a dance with a kid with two left feet. At school, Brighton says something about Fran that she does not appreciate. Brooke comes up and his friends make fun of her. Then Brighton is mean to her and she wheezes. They take a cab home. The driver turns out to be a classmate of Fran’s. Jeffrey tells them all about what he went through. He asks her out again. It’s now the day of Fran’s date and she is trying to get out of it. CC comes in begging Max to do something. Fran tells a story about a hernia truss. Maggie is taking Grace to ballet class. She likes the teacher. Fran arrives at the restaurant. While they talk, he tells her he’s written a play. He returns some makeup to her that a teacher took. He asks her to do the hustle with him. So she agrees. They get applause. He totally proposes. She turns him down and he goes out on the ledge. She tells him she works for Maxwell Sheffield to try and stop him from jumping. Fran runs in the door and beelines to Max’s office. She tells him about her date threatening to kill himself. They all ask about a different story she might have told him. At the restaurant Max is trying to read the play. Max loves the play. Jeffrey gets so excited he falls off the ledge. Thankfully, he lands safely in a mountain of garbage. It’s now the night of the dance. Brooke arrives and Brighton is shocked. As they leave Maggie comes down the stairs. Fran has a chat with her.