Show: The Golden Girls
Title: Stan’s Return
Original Air Date: November 30, 1985
Herb Edelman: Stanley Zbornak (as Herbert Edelman)
Simone Griffeth: Chrissy
Click either link to get a copy.
Amazon The Golden Girls: Season 1
iTunes The Golden Girls, Season 1 – The Golden Girls
* Sophia: So where is this vacation spot you’re going to where they don’t allow mothers?
* Sophia: You’re leaving me behind to watch the house like an old watch dog.
* Dorothy: Why did I ever marry that man?
Sophia: Because he knocked you up.
* Dorothy: Younger than Chrissy? Where did she meet him, Camp Snoopy?
* Sophia: You had to bring him home? Why couldn’t you find a drunken sailor on a street corner?
* Dorothy: Well, everything’s gotten more expensive since Truman left office.
* Blanche: Take it from me. There is no gentle way to end it with a man. They just don’t get the message.
* Dorothy: I don’t know what to say. And I mean that from the bottom of my heart.
Synopsis: Rose and Blanche discuss exotic vacation spots. It appears the three are planning a vacation together and leaving Sophia out. She is not happy. Sophia comes back in the kitchen to let Dorothy know Stan is there. Apparently, his wife is still in Maui. He’s only come to sell a piece of property they purchased. He leaves. The next day Stan and Dorothy are at a cafe. He finally breaks down and tells Dorothy that Chrissy has left him for a younger man. Stan breaks down into a pathetic pile of tears. Back in the kitchen Blanche, Rose and Sophia discuss vacation locations. They still haven’t decided. Their morning is ruined when Stan walks in wearing Dorothy’s robe. Dorothy walks in and admits they slept together. Everyone is shocked. Dorothy says it was a one time thing, but when she goes back to the living room she hears Stan ordering flowers for her. Later that day Rose gives a litany of questions and annoys everyone. Dorothy then drops a bomb about Stan. She doesn’t know if she wants to get back together with him or not. As Stan tries to reconcile with Dorothy Sophia barges in with a bunch of friends showing off Dorothy and Stan like a museum exhibit. They flee to the kitchen. He gives his pitch and tells her he loves her, then leaves. Later that night Dorothy enters the kitchen to find the ladies there with the food ready. She is still confused about Stan. Blanche and Rose each give her advise about breaking up with men. Dorothy goes to Stan’s hotel room. He thinks they are getting back together. Before she breaks the news to him Chrissy comes to try and get him back. She wants him back. He tells her he is getting back with Dorothy. After she leaves Dorothy tells him they are not getting back together. He freaks out and runs after Chrissy.
Categories: Blog Archive, The Golden Girls
Leave a Reply