Show: The Nanny
Title: A Star is Unborn
Original Air Date: October 24, 1994
Click on either link to get a copy.
iTunes not available
* Max: Your rewriting one of the greatest love stories of all time??!!
* Max: We British have a thing about mutilating Shakespeare, the Queen comes and hits you with her purse.
* Fran: Can you imagine anything more ridiculous than me doing Shakespeare?
Max: Yes, people paying to see it.
* Fran: Wow, you British guys really know how to play women.
* Grace: Well you tucked me in wrong.
Max: Obviously, you got out.
* Max: Maybe if you’d been here your children wouldn’t have been running amuck.
Fran: Oh, so when they’re sweet, adorable, angels their your children and when they’re amuck, they’re mine?
* Max: I’m working.
Niles: Pretend I’m not here. That’s how I get through the day.
* CC: People will be walking out in the middle of her performance.
Niles: Just like one of your dates.
* Fran: Maggie I got to go. I got to plunge a knife into my heart. Oh boy, I’m sounding more like my mother every day.
Synopsis: Fran and Niles collapse on the couch to catch a quick rest but then they both get called. Maggie wants to go to a part with boys and no parents…not happening. CC wants Max to work with this director who thinks he’s a better playwright then Shakespeare. He plans to rewrite Romeo and Juliet. Felipe hears Fran yelling and decides she’s the perfect Juliet. The next morning there’s quite a discussion about Fran being in the play and not being in the play. Max makes her mad enough that she takes the part. Later that afternoon, Fran is rehearsing with Niles. CC and Max come out of his office and she managed to insult both Max and Felipe in the same breath. Max decides to help Fran with her lines and acting. He does manage to get her into the role quite well. They even rehearse the balcony scene and kiss. She nearly falls down the stairs. He seems a bit shaken too. Later that night, Brighton scare the life out of Grace. Max can’t get the two to bed. He loses his patience. Then Maggie comes in mad at Max again. Max is upset that Fran’s not back from rehearsal and Niles is upset his roast is not looking good. Max doesn’t want her to go in the living room, but she gets around him and is horrified. He asks about rehearsal and then what they did after. He seems a little jealous. They wind up fighting as if they are a married couple. The next day in Max’s office, tempers are still up. Fran is not speaking to Max. Fran storms off upset and CC comes running in. She’s learned that Felipe needs a tax write off and needs a flop. They are so excited that she wasn’t hired due to her talent. Once it sets in, CC is still tickled but Max is horrified. It’s another rehearsal and they are practicing the death scene. It doesn’t go well. Longest death ever. Then she demolishes the set. Max pops backstage to visit Fran to apologize. She winds up not doing the play after all. That night at the mansion, Fran tries to shows Maggie how to get a yes out of Max, but it doesn’t’ work.