Show: The Nanny
Title: Ode to Barbra Joan
Original Air Date: April 13, 1994
Click on either link to get a copy.
iTunes not available
* Niles: Miss Babcock, there’s a gentleman on line 3 who claims to be your father and I admire him for having the guts to admit it.
* Fran: My mother said blood is thicker than water and you can wash them both off of plastic slip covers.
* CC: I would like him to meet the man in my life.
Max: Oh by all means, bring him along.
* Niles: Put your fingerprints on one more crab puff and you’ll find mine on your neck.
* CC: Nanny Fine, we’re Babcock’s, we don’t plotz.
* Fran: I feel just like Cinderella.
Niles: Only in this case there’s an evil step-daughter.
* Sylvia: Oh, Fran this is the most exciting moment of my life. Dressing my daughter for Barbra Streisand.
* Max: There’s someone at the door.
Niles: And I thought another angel got its wings.
* CC: People misunderstand me. They think I’m a self-centered, cold-hearted witch.
* Max: Miss Fine has an annoying way of being right about those kind of things.
Synopsis: Fran introduces Brighton. He’s on a Little League baseball team. Miss Babcock’s father calls. Fran gets upset at CC because she doesn’t want to see her own father. It’s a different evening and Niles and cooking dinner for CC and her father. She’s freaking out. Brighton comes back from baseball practice. CC’s father arrives. Everyone is getting along at dinner. He mentions Streisand, it’s Barbra Streisand. Fran freaks out. CC isn’t impressed with her so her father invites Fran to the concert instead. Fran faints. When she finds out she’ll be in the front row, she faint’s again. He then tells her they are going back stage and she faints a third time. In Max’s office, he’s thrilled because he’s going to speak at a symposium. CC comes in worried about her father. She only cares about her inheritance. Mr. Babcock and Fran arrive home with a dress for the concert that night. Poor Niles is still having foot issues. CC comes in grumping about them being out. Niles takes a pot shot and CC faints. They continue teasing her after she comes to. Max tells Brighton he won’t be able to take him to the baseball game and Brighton lets him off easy. Fran and Max chat in his office. She talks about kids who are upset with their fathers and CC is outside the window acting out each thing she mentions. Later that night, Fran is getting ready for the concert. She tells her mom what’s going on with CC and her dad. Sylvia has brought all kinds of Barbra memorabilia. The doorbell rings and it’s Mr. Babcock. Fran comes down the stairs looking amazing. She tells Mr. Babcock that she can’t go. She tells him in a roundabout way he needs to take CC. She tries to facilitate a reunion with the father and daughter. CC comes downstairs just as the two hug. She locks herself in the bathroom with cigarettes. Sylvia breaks into the bathroom. Fran and CC have a heart to heart, sort of. Sylvia tries to worm her way to the concert. He winds up taking CC to the concert instead of Fran. Max takes a lesson from Fran and cancels his speech to take Brighton to a Mets game. Brighton, however, has made other plans. Fran and Sylvia listen to the whole concert over the phone. Mr. Babcock tells them he has a surprise for them and puts Barbra on the phone.