Show: The Nanny
Title: The Gym Teacher
Original Air Date: April 6, 1994
Click on either link to get a copy.
iTunes not available
* Fran: Val, what comes at the end of a sentence?
Val: A parole?
* Fran: Gracie, where do you come up with these things?
Gracie: Usually during hopscotch.
* Max: Niles, please, I’m trying to work.
Niles: As opposed to what I’m doing, which is a hobby.
* Fran: Meanwhile, why’d you change your name?
Teacher: I got married.
Fran: To a man?
* Fran: So you’re married and I’m not? How could this be?
* Fran: You know, marriage has mellowed her.
* Fran: Who would have thought that we’d both be facing demons from our past?
* Fran: The worst that can happen is he’ll set you on fire again. How many times can he do that before it gets old?
* Fran: It’s better to have tried and stunk then to never have stunk at all.
Synopsis: Fran comes home from shopping to find Maggie home sick. She’s trying to get out of gym class. The next day, she is still trying to get Fran to help her out of gym class. Brighton tries to blackmail Maggie over it, but she wins. In Max’s office, Niles is cleaning the windows but the sound is driving Max nuts. He calls Fran into his office because he got a call from Maggie’s school about her having a heart murmur. CC pops in and provides a distraction. She wants to use Alan Beck, but Max is not interested. CC convinces him because he’ll sell six months of tickets. Fran still has to deal with Maggie cutting gym class. The two go to meet the teacher. When the teacher comes out, it’s Fran’s old gym teacher. The news is bad. Fran will try to coach her. Meanwhile, at Max’s play, Alan Beck finally arrives. Alan is still a bully. Fran appears at the play as well. Alan hits on her. Back at the school, its Fran and Maggie to practice. Mrs. Stone (the PE teacher) heckles them before she leaves. In the kitchen, Niles is trying to help Fran. She has hurt herself at the gym. Max comes in complaining about Alan Beck. He gives Fran the same pep talk she gave him. The day has come for Maggie to take her midterm in gym. She fails miserably. Mrs. Stone gives her an F. Then she chokes on the ball from the whistle. Maggie now gets an A because Fran saved her life. In Max’s office, Alan gives him a long list of demands. However, Max puts him in his place. Then scares him with a blowtorch. As Alan leaves, the living room is full of actors to take his place. Alan caves in. Fran would like to play Mrs. Roosevelt but Max isn’t having it.