Show: The Nanny
Title: The Show Must Go On
Original Air Date: January 26, 1994
Click on either link to get a copy.
iTunes not available
* Max: Have you ever thought of choosing a wardrobe based on comfort?
* Fran: We are making quite a stir. Guess I wore the right outfit.
* Fran: Her shade of lipstick looks great on your butt.
* Fran: You’re not a flower, you’re a fungus.
* Max: Why are they wearing paper bags on their heads?
Fran: They’re mushroom caps.
* Grace: It was more fun when you were directing.
Synopsis: Fran is trying to pick out an outfit for the PTA meeting. She actually gets Max to go with her to the meeting. At the meeting they get a lot of attention. The school play is coming up and they want Max to direct it. But one of the parents comes up and complements her outfit. The meeting finally starts. Max gets out of directing by volunteering Fran. Tryouts for the play are held at the house. One of the little girls starts making a play for Brighton and he runs for it. Fran and Max disagree about casting choices. At the school auditorium the principal is not excited about how the show is going. Max is concerned about the costumes and the set. Max replaces her as director. Practice continues with Max at the helm, the enthusiasm dwindles. Back at the house they hear Gracie tap dancing for hours. Fran tries to get Max to lighten up. It’s the night of the play and everyone is there to see it. Max comes out to ask Fran for help as Grace is refusing to go on. Max apologizes to Fran to get her to help. He realizes he’s turning into his father. Fran tells Grace that Andrea can take over and suddenly Grace is prepared to go on. The pageant and Gracie are a hit.