- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 pounds ground dark-meat turkey
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 2 minced jalapeno chiles (seeds and ribs removed for less heat, if desired)
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- Cornmeal Crust
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 4 cups fresh (from 6 ears) or thawed frozen corn kernels
- 1 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese (4 ounces)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Make filling: Heat 2 tablespoons oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. In two batches, brown turkey, stirring occasionally, about 10 minutes. Transfer to a bowl.
- Reduce heat to medium. Add remaining tablespoon oil to skillet. Cook onion, jalapeno, and cumin, stirring occasionally, until soft, about 5 minutes; season with 2 teaspoons salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Return turkey to pan; stir in tomatoes and corn until combined.
- Make Crust. Pour 1/8 of the crust (1/4 cup) into the bottom of each of eight 10- to 12-ounce ramekins. Smooth tops with a spoon; cool 5 minutes. Top each with turkey filling, dividing evenly; sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake on a rimmed baking sheet until filling is bubbling and cheese is melted, about 30 minutes.
Original recipe from: https://www.marthastewart.com/315772/tamale-pies
Categories: Blog Archive, Recipes
Leave a Reply