Slow Cooker Italian Wedding Soup
- 3/4 C carrots, chopped
- 3/4 C celery, chopped
- 1 C yellow onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tsp dried basil
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- 8 C chicken broth
- 4 C baby spinach, chopped
- 1/2 C acini de pepe pasta
- Add chopped carrots, celery, onion and minced garlic to the bowl of a 5-6 quart slow cooker. Sprinkle in dried herbs and spices. Top off with chicken broth. Cover and begin cooking for 4 hours on high or low for 8 hours.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Prepare a large baking sheet with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine meatball ingredients. Using a small cookie scoop, fill scoop half full with meatball mixture. Shape each portion into a smooth ball. Meatballs should be roughly 1-inch wide. Repeat with remaining meatball mixture. Space evenly on prepared baking sheet. Bake for 10-15 minutes. Carefully transfer cooked meatballs to the slow cooker. Cover and continue cooking.
- When initial cook time is up, add chopped spinach and pasta. Replace cover and continue cooking for an additional 30 minutes.
- Serve warm with freshly grated parmesan cheese.
Meatballs may be made ahead. If meatballs are frozen, thaw them fully prior to adding to the soup.
Original Recipe from: https://www.bakedbyrachel.com/slow-cooker-italian-wedding-soup-2/