Recipe: Veggie and Pasta Soup
- 2 large white yams
- 5 celery stalks
- 20 baby carrots
- 3 small zucchini
- 1 white onion
- 2 cans/4 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup water
- 2 chicken breasts
- 1/2 tsp white pepper
- 2 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1 cup dry pasta (small – like small shells or salad mac)
- Dice the yams, celery and onion.
- Slice the baby carrots.
- Slice the zucchini (1/4″) then cut the slices in half.
- Put all the vegetables, seasonings, broth and water in the crock pot.
- Cook all the veggies on high for 4 hours.
- Boil the chicken breasts and then shred them, add them in the crock pot at 3.5 hours. Also, add 3-4 ladles of the stock (water the chicken was cooked in) to the crock pot.
- Cook the pasta, drain and add in to the crock pot at 3.5 hours.
- For the last half hour let everything cook together.
- Let go for 4.5 hours for extra tender veggies.
Categories: Blog Archive, Recipes