Posted on April 12, 2017 by pasta26mc
Posted on April 27, 2016 by pasta26mc
I found this recipe and fell in love. As a bonus it actually makes two. So you can bake one that day and put the other in the freezer for the future.
Click here to get the recipe for the Pizza Pasta Casserole.
Filed under: Blog Archive, Recipes | Tagged: Casserole, Pasta, Pizza, Pizza Pasta Casserole, Recipe, Recipes | Leave a comment »
Posted on January 20, 2016 by pasta26mc
Minestrone Soup with Pasta
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 large onion, diced
- 4 cloves, garlic, minced
- 2 stalks celery, diced
- 2 medium carrots, diced
- 1½ cups fresh green beans, cut into ½ inch pieces
- 1 medium zucchini, diced
- 1 teaspoon oregano, dried
- 1 teaspoon basil, dried
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 14 ounce cans diced tomatoes
- 1 14 ounce can crushed tomatoes
- 6 cups vegetable broth
- 1 15 ounce can kidney beans, drained
- 1½ cups elbow pasta
- Parmesan cheese (optional) for topping
- Fresh Basil, chopped (optional) for topping
- In a large soup pot heat the oil over medium-high heat.
- Add the onion and cook until fragrant.
- Stir in the garlic, and then add the carrots and celery. Cook for 4-5 minutes.
- Add the oregano, basil and green beans. Cook for an additional 3 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes and vegetable broth. Bring all the ingredients to a boil.
- Reduce the heat to a simmer and add the beans, pasta and zucchini. Simmer for 10 minutes. Check the pasta to make sure it is cooked before serving.
- Top with cheese and fresh basil just before serving.
Original recipe from http://www.thefoodieaffair.com
Filed under: Blog Archive, Recipes | Tagged: Minestrone Soup, Pasta, Recipe, Recipes | Leave a comment »