Show: The Big Bang Theory
Title: The Luminous Fish Effect
Original Air Date: October 15, 2007
Click either link to get a copy.
* Leonard: Howard brought a date?
Sheldon: It’s more plausible that his work in robotics has made an amazing leap forward.
* Sheldon: This is my first day off in decades, I’m going to savor it.
* Penny: You got canned, huh?
Sheldon: Theoretical physicists do not get canned, but yeah.
* Sheldon: A multi-vitamin has some value. The body can only absorb so much. What your buying here is the ingredients for very expensive urine.
* Sheldon: I’m a grown man capable of living my life as I see fit. And I certainly don’t need someone telling on me to my mother!
* Leonard: Dammit Sheldon snap out of it! You’re a physicist you belong at the university doing research, not hiding in your room.
* Mrs. Cooper: Now listen here. I have been telling you since you were four years old it’s ok to be smarter than everyone but you can’t go around pointing it out.
* Sheldon: Mom, is Dr. Gablehouser going to be my new daddy?
Synopsis: Sheldon brings up time travel as they leave for a department party. Sheldon is not happy about the new department chair. At the buffet, Raj is going hog wild. Howard brings a date. Dr. Gablehouser approaches, Sheldon is quite rude, and he gets fired. The next day, Shelden is cooking eggs, but he calls it an experiment. Sheldon tries his own cooking and realizes he should not have used old eggs. Penny makes the mistake of coming over and asking if they need anything at the store. Sheldon decides to go with her. In the car, Penny learns that Sheldon got fired. He starts to unravel a little over the speed she is driving. They finally arrive at the grocery store. Shelden bores her and everyone shopping. Penny picks up some multivitamins and informs Penny they’re not really helpful. Finally, back at the apartment, Penny just wants to escape Sheldon. He crosses the line and she slams the door in his face. Later, that night Leonard comes home to find Shelden with several fish bows. A new experiment. Leonard suggests he apologize and get his job back. Leonard calls Sheldon’s Mom, Mrs. Cooper. She’s immediately worried to see him working a loom. It turns out he hasn’t left the house in three weeks. Everyone comes to the apartment where Mrs. Cooper has cooked chicken. Howard tries to hit on her and she shoots him down. She tells them about one of Sheldon’s melt downs when he was a kid. Mrs. Cooper makes a comment about how Penny and Leonard make a cute couple and Leonard freaks out. Penny is kind of offput by it. She made Sheldon’s favorite, Cobbler. It gets him to come out of his room. The next morning Mrs. Cooper checks on Sheldon. She lays down the law to him. She tells him to get dressed and she is taking him to the school to apologize. Mrs. Cooper knocks on Dr. Gablehouser’s door and the two enter. Sheldon tries to apologize, but he finds Mrs. Cooper more intriguing and flirts with her. He gets his job back. That night Mrs. Cooper tucks Sheldon in. He asks about her and his boss. He turns over and falls asleep watching the gold fish he turned into a glow fish.