Show: The Big Bang Theory
Title: The Pilot
Original Air Date: September 24, 2007
Click either link to get a copy.
* Sheldon: Leonard, I’m no expert here but in the context of a luncheon invitation you might want to skip the reference to bowel movements.
* Leonard: I love cheesecake.
Sheldon: You’re lactose intolerant.
* Sheldon: It took you four years to get through high school?
* Penny: You guys are really sweet.
* Leonard: I’m not going to engage in hypotheticals here. I’m just trying to be a good neighbor here.
* Sheldon: Leonard has a lady over.
Howard: Yeah, right. Your grandmother back in town?
* Sheldon: I really think we should discuss the chain of causality here.
* Sheldon: You’re not done with her are you?
Leonard: Our babies will be smart and beautiful.
* Sheldon: I don’t know what your odds are in the world as a whole but as far as the population of this car goes you’re a veritable Mac Daddy.
Synopsis: Sheldon is boring another scientist as they walk into a sperm bank to make a donation. Sheldon decides he no longer wants to make a donation and he and Leonard leave. They get to their apartment and notice the new neighbor, Penny. They introduce themselves. It’s an awkward conversation. Leonard decides to invite her over for lunch. The invite doesn’t go well. After Sheldon translates Leonard’s inept lunch invite, Penny accepts. She is impressed by their work. Then Penny sits in Sheldon’s “spot.” He has a minor melt down. She tells them a bit about herself. She has a small breakdown when she talks about falling in love with a jerk. As soon as Penny movies, Sheldon takes his spot back. To comfort her Leonard lets her use their shower. While she’s in the shower, Sheldon informs Leonard that he has no chance in getting together with Penny. There’s a knock at the door and it’s Raj and Howard. Meanwhile, Penny exits the shower to request assistance. While Leonard is helping her, she asks him for a favor. Penny asked that Leonard get her tv back from her ex-boyfriend. He takes Sheldon with him. Back at the apartment, Penny tries to talk to Raj and Howard. She finds its interesting that Raj can’t speak to women. The two finally get in the building and are surprised to see how gigantic Kurt is. He takes their pants and throws them out. At the apartment, Howard shows Penny a game he plays. The two come back without pants. Penny is horrified and sorry. She gives them both a hug for trying. She offers to take them both to dinner. Leonard is very, very smitten. All five head out to dinner. Howard suggests a sushi bar with karaoke. Howard starts to sing. Sheldon tells Leonard compare to the rest of the people in the car he’s the most normal.