Chocolate Chip Crumb Cake
- Cake Batter
- 1 ¼ cups flour
- 1/4 cup cake flour
- 1/2 cup butter
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 cup + 1 tablespoon greek yogurt or sour milk or buttermilk
- 1/3 cup mini unsweetened chocolate chips
- 1/3 cup mini white chocolate chips Crumb Topping
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup butter Extra Topping
- 1/2 cup mini unsweetened chocolate chips
- Pre-heat oven to 375° (190° celsius). Lightly grease and flour a 9×4″ (23 x 10 centimeter) loaf pan.
- CRUMB TOPPING
- In a medium bowl mix together flour and sugar, add butter and mix until it becomes coarse crumbs. Set aside.
- CAKE BATTER
- In a medium bowl whisk together flours, baking powder and baking soda.
- In a small bowl toss together chocolate chips and 1 tablespoon of whisked flour mixture. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl cream butter till creamy about 3 minutes, add sugar and beat well, add egg and beat for 30 seconds then beat in vanilla.
- Add the flour and greek yogurt alternatively, starting and ending with flour to the creamed mixture (3x flour and 2x yogurt). Scrape down the sides of the bowl after each addition.
- Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Spoon the batter into the prepared loaf pan, smooth the top. Sprinkle crumb topping evenly on top of the loaf.
- Bake the loaf for 50-60 minutes or until tooth pick comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and immediately sprinkle with 1/2 cup unsweetened chocolate chips. Let cool completely before serving. Enjoy! Recipe from: https://anitalianinmykitchen.com/chocolate-chip-crumb-cake/