Glazed Vanilla Scones
- 1/2 C sugar
- 2 C flour
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1/4 tsp. baking soda
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 8 Tbsp. cold butter, cubed
- 1 (5.3oz.) vanilla or plain greek yogurt
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees; grease a cookie sheet.
- Mix together the sugar, flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- Cut in the cold butter until it resembles a crumb mixture.
- In another bowl, whisk together the yogurt, egg and vanilla.
- Stir the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients; mix until slightly combined.
- Pour out onto a floured surface and knead until it forms a ball.
- Roll out into a circle that’s about an inch thick and cut into 8 pieces.
- Place onto the greased cookie sheet.
- Bake 17 – 19 minutes; until golden brown on the bottom edges.
- While they’re cooling, mix together the powdered sugar, vanilla and milk.
- Drizzle the glaze onto the scones.
Original recipe from: http://flourmewithlove.com/2015/05/warm-flaky-glazed-vanilla-scones-like.html