Elise’s Lemon Pepper Salmon
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 4oz salmon steak (per person)
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon lemon pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ¼ cup water
- 1 cup green beans
- ½ cup dried cilantro
- 2 cups boiling water
- 1 cup uncooked couscous
- Heat the butter and olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Place salmon steaks in the skillet and add the garlic, lemon pepper, and salt.
- Pour ¼ cup water around the salmon.
- Add in cilanto.
- Cover and cook for 15 minutes or until the fish is easily flaked with a fork.
- In a separate pot cook the rice/couscous.
- Add in the green beans when the rice is nearly done so that the beans cook al dente.
- Plate the rice and green beans. Sit the salmon steak on top.
- Drizzle the sauce in the pan from cooking the salmon evenly over each plate.
This was sooo good. It was better than a lot of the salmon I’ve gotten in restaurants. My friend is an excellent chef. This is one I will be adding to my menu.