Minestrone Soup with Pasta
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 large onion, diced
- 4 cloves, garlic, minced
- 2 stalks celery, diced
- 2 medium carrots, diced
- 1½ cups fresh green beans, cut into ½ inch pieces
- 1 medium zucchini, diced
- 1 teaspoon oregano, dried
- 1 teaspoon basil, dried
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 14 ounce cans diced tomatoes
- 1 14 ounce can crushed tomatoes
- 6 cups vegetable broth
- 1 15 ounce can kidney beans, drained
- 1½ cups elbow pasta
- Parmesan cheese (optional) for topping
- Fresh Basil, chopped (optional) for topping
- In a large soup pot heat the oil over medium-high heat.
- Add the onion and cook until fragrant.
- Stir in the garlic, and then add the carrots and celery. Cook for 4-5 minutes.
- Add the oregano, basil and green beans. Cook for an additional 3 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes and vegetable broth. Bring all the ingredients to a boil.
- Reduce the heat to a simmer and add the beans, pasta and zucchini. Simmer for 10 minutes. Check the pasta to make sure it is cooked before serving.
- Top with cheese and fresh basil just before serving.
Original recipe from http://www.thefoodieaffair.com
Categories: Blog Archive, Recipes
Leave a Reply