Show: The Big Bang Theory
Season: 2 Episode: 11
Title: The Bath Item Gift Hypothesis
Original Air Date: December 15, 2008
Click either link to get a copy.
Favorite Quotes:* Leonard: What are you looking at? You’ve never seen a hypocrite before?
* Howard: And that Charlie Brown is what boredom is all about.
* Sheldon: Wait. You bought me a present?
Penny: Uh huh.
Sheldon: But why would you do such a thing?
Penny: I don’t know. Cause it’s Christmas?
* Sheldon: I know you think you’re being generous, but the foundation of gift giving is reciprocity. You haven’t given me a gift; you’ve given me an obligation.
* Penny: So, uh, Dave, how do you know Leonard?
Dave: I’m a physicist.
Penny: [laughs] No you’re not.
Dave: Why is that so surprising?
Penny: It’s just that the physicists I know are indoorsy and pale.
Leonard: I’m not indoorsy. I just wear the appropriate amount of sunblock because I don’t take melanoma lightly.
* Penny: You know I love science.
Leonard: Since when?
Penny: Since always. Call me a geek but I am just nuts for the whole subatomic particle thing.
Dave: The last thing I would ever call you is a geek.
Penny: Well, that’s what I am. Queen of the nerds.
* Dave: Really? I don’t know you live next to something like that without doing something about it.
* Sheldon: What it is is a cacophonous assault of eucalyptus, bayberry, cinnamon, and vanilla. It’s as if my head were trapped in the pajamas of a sultan.
* Sheldon: That presupposes Penny is tense.
Raj: She knows you she’s tense. We all are. Buy a basket.
* Penny: Can I drive the motorcycle?
Dave: Sure, why not? You can’t do any worse than Leonard.
* Howard: Why couldn’t you just do what Leonard did and get Penny a new boyfriend?
* Leonard: Next to him I’m like one of those sign language gorillas who knows how to ask for grapes.
* Penny: Dave is not smarter than you, he’s an idiot.
* Penny: And you, if you are so ok with the way things are between us why are you so jealous?
* Sheldon: Do you know what this means? All I need is a healthy ovum and I can grow my own Leonard Nemoi.
* Penny: Leonard, look, Sheldon’s hugging me.
Sheldon and the guys discuss how Superman cleans his suit at lunch. David Underhill pops into the lunchroom. He got a big award last year. Then the guys discuss how good looking his is. He comes over to the table to introduce himself to Leonard. He wants to work with Leonard. Leonard gives him his contact information. The guys are now at the apartment playing Wii bowling. Leonard comes in and distracts Howard. Leonard was working with Dave Underhill. That’s why he was late. Tomorrow he’s going to the gym with Dave. Penny comes over and asks about a Christmas tree. Sheldon gives a whole speech about Christmas and Paganism and the origination of the Christmas Tree. She had asked because she got Leonard and Sheldon Christmas presents. Sheldon is shocked. He then gets upset because now he is obligated to get her a gift. She informs him he doesn’t not have to get her anything. He then goes on about gift giving. And tells Raj and Howard one of them will need to drive him to the mall. Leonard is coming up the stairs with Dave Underhill’s help. He let Leonard try out his motorcycle. Leonard got injured as the bike fell on top of him. Penny comes down the stairs. She starts talking to him and helping him carry Leonard up the stairs. When he tells her he’s a physicist she thinks it’s the funniest thing. As the two help Leonard up the stairs, Penny asks if they are working on something. Leonard speaks up and she doesn’t understand a word he says. Suddenly, she loves science. He offers to show her the lab. Then Dave asks her out on a date, and she accepts. Leonard leans against the door as Sheldon opens it and falls on the ground as the two leave for their date. Raj, Howard, and Sheldon are in a store. Sheldon can’t figure out why women like this stuff. He’s extremely unhappy in this store. The scents are too much for him. Raj suggests Build a Bear. They then argue over buying Penny a gift basket of bathroom stuff. Sheldon then asks a sales lady about what giving this basket means. He just scares her. Another day at lunch, Dave invites Leonard to eat with he and Penny. Dave announces he wants to do an experiment with Penny and tequila shots instead. At the apartment. Leonard is passed out on the couch. Raj, Howard and Sheldon arrive back with a whole bunch of bath baskets. At Penny’s, she pours a lot of alcohol into her eggnog. Leonard comes over and explains his displeasure to her. She starts to cry. Then tells Leonard that Dave is not smarter than he is, Dave is an idiot. Turns out Dave is married. Penny then calls Leonard out on his jealously. They both console each other. She gives him a kiss on the cheek. He reminds her his leg is killing him. Penny arrives at the apartment to exchange gifts. Sheldon rips into his gift and thinks it’s a napkin. But it’s actually autographed by Leonard Nemoi. Penny tells him he even used the napkin to wipe his mouth. He is losing his mind. Sheldon exits, still loosing his mind. Penny give Leonard his gift, motorcycle lessons. He gives her a science kit. Sheldon hauls out every basket he bought for Penny. He thinks it’s not enough and even gives her a hug.
Categories: The Big Bang Theory