- 4 cups (32 ounces) whole-milk ricotta cheese
- 2 large eggs
- Salt and fresh ground pepper
- 2 packages (10 ounces each) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed to remove excess moisture
- 6 cups store-bought or homemade Easy Chunky Tomato Sauce
- 12 no-boil lasagna noodles (8 ounces)
- 1 pound fontina cheese (4 cups), shredded
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. In a medium bowl, whisk together ricotta cheese, eggs, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Add spinach, and stir well to combine.
- Spread a small bit of tomato sauce in the bottom of a 9-by-13-inch glass baking dish or dishes. Arrange a layer of lasagna noodles on top. Spread 1/3 of the ricotta mixture over the noodles, followed by 1/3 of the remaining sauce; sprinkle with 1/3 of the grated cheese. Repeat to make two more layers, ending with cheese. If freezing, cover tightly with plastic wrap. Before baking, defrost in the refrigerator overnight.
- Cover with aluminum foil. Bake 30 minutes. Remove foil; continue baking until top is golden brown, about 15 minutes more. Let cool slightly before serving.
Original recipe: https://www.marthastewart.com/336769/vegetable-lasagna
‹ The Smithsonian unveils a portrait of Henrietta Lacks, the black farmer whose cells led to medical miracles – CNN