Cinnaman Apple Hand PIes
- For the Dough:
- 1 cup unsalted butter, cold and cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened and cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 2 & 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt For the filling:
- about 2 medium apples, cut into small chunks (about 1/2-inch)
- 2 tablespoons firmly packed light or dark brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon For assembling the pies:
- 1 large egg
- 1 tablespoon water
- sanding sugar, optional
- To make the dough:
- Place the butter, cream cheese, flour, cinnamon, and salt in the bowl of a food processor.* Pulse for about a minute, or until a dough forms.
- Divide the dough in half, and form each portion into a disc. Wrap each disc in plastic wrap and refrigerate for 30 minutes. If you need to refrigerate longer, then you may need to let the dough sit at room temperature for about 5 minutes before rolling it out.
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Line baking sheets with parchment paper or silicone liners.
- Place one disc of the chilled dough on a lightly floured surface. Roll the dough to 1/8-inch thickness. Use a 4-inch round cutter to cut the dough into rounds. Gather and re-roll the remaining dough once as needed. Repeat with the remaining disc of dough. To make the filling and assemble the pies:
- Combine the apples, brown sugar, and cinnamon.
- Place the dough rounds on the prepared pans. Spoon about 1 & 1/2 to 2 tablespoons of filling onto each round, leaving about an 1/4-inch border.
- Combine the egg and water to make an egg wash. Lightly brush the outside edges of the dough rounds with the egg wash.
- Fold over each dough round to form a half circle. Press the edges together, and then use a fork to seal the edges.
- Make a slit in the top of each pie. Brush with egg wash, and sprinkle with sanding sugar. (You won’t use all of the egg wash.)
- Bake 18 to 22 minutes, or until the pies are golden brown. Cool before serving.
Notes: Us an 11 cup blender. Original recipe: https://bakeorbreak.com/2017/11/cinnamon-apple-hand-pies/?utm_content=Cinnamon%20Apple%20Hand%20Pies