Bacon Cheeseburger Soup
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium yellow onion, diced
- 1 1/2 pounds lean ground beef
- 1/3 cup all purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons steak seasoning
- 2 1/2 cups beef broth
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 (12- ounce) can evaporated milk
- 1 1/2 cups grated cheddar cheese
- 8 slices American cheese, chopped Garnish Optons:
- 1 medium tomato, seeds removed and chopped
- 1 1/2 cups shredded lettuce
- 1/2 pound bacon, cooked and chopped
- 2 cups croutons
- Heat the olive oil in a large (4-5 quart) Dutch oven over medium heat. Add in the onions and cook for 5 minutes, or until softened. Add in the ground beef, and cook until no longer pink, 7-8 minutes. Drain excess fat.
- Sprinkle meat with flour and steak seasoning and stir until coated. Add in the beef broth, Worcestershire, and evaporated milk, stir until combined. Bring mixture to a boil, stirring frequently, and then reduce the heat to low and simmer for 30 minutes.
- Add in both cheeses and stir until cheese is melted.
- Serve warm and top with desired garnish. Notes: – Slow Cooker Option: Follow step 1 as written, transfer meat and onions into your slow cooker. Sprinkle meat with flour and steak seasoning and stir until coated. Add in the beef broth, Worcestershire, and evaporated milk, stir until combined. Cover and cook on low for 4-5 hours. Stir in cheeses until melted and serve warm and top with desired garnish. – Store airtight for up to 3 days.
Original Recipe: https://cookiesandcups.com/cheeseburger-soup/