So I created this recipe last week and finally taste tested it. My Mom said it’s the best sandwich she’s ever had. The decorative mozzarella sticks were just from my freezer. Still yummy though.
- 4 slices of bread
- 2 slices of cheese [I used swiss]
- 12 meatballs 1 – 1 1/2″ diameter
- 4 tablespoons sauce [marinara/pizza/cheesy/bbq]
- Cook the meatballs and slice them in half.
- On one side of each sandwich place the slice of cheese.
- Put the meatballs on top of the cheese, flat cut side down. 10 to 12 halves should fit depending on the size of your bread.
- Drizzle the sauce over the meatballs [2 tablespoons per sandwich].
- Lay a slice of bread on top of each to close the sandwich.
- Put both on the Panini Grill side by side [heat to medium] and cook for 5 minutes.
- For two servings, serve as is. If you’d like 4 servings cut the sandwiches in half.