I just made this (yes an original recipe thought up on the fly) and it was so good. My mother wolfed hers down before I was done with mine. Sorry I don’t have a picture. They didn’t last long enough to take one.
Re-fried Beans and Potato Burritos
- 4 burrito sized flour tortillas
- 4 medium potatoes, chopped up into cubes between 3/8″ to 1/2″ [so they cook evenly, or smaller if you like]
- 1 16 ounce can of re-fried beans
- 4-6 tablespoons of olive oil
- 8 tablespoons shredded cheese [your choice]
- 8 tablespoons sauce [your choice]
- pinch of salt
- pinch of white pepper
- Wash and cube the potatoes [3/8″ to 1/2″ in size]
- Heat a large skillet and add 2 to 3 tablespoons of olive oil.
- Drop the cubed potatoes into the pan, stir occasionally.
- Add the salt and pepper.
- After 5 minutes on the heat add the remaining olive oil. Continue to stir occasionally. Continue cooking until they are golden brown. Then remove from the heat.
- Wrap the tortillas in a paper towel and microwave for one minute.
- Put the potatoes in a microwave safe dish and heat in the microwave for 45 seconds [to make sure they are tender inside].
- Heat the re-fried beans in a pan on the stove.
- Add the potatoes to the re-fried beans in the pan and mix thoroughly.
- Divide mixture evenly across the center of each of the four tortillas.
- Sprinkle two tablespoons of shredded cheese on top of the mixture centered on each tortilla.
- Pour two tablespoons of sauce on top of the cheese.
- Fold into a burrito [I roll it like an enchilada and fold the ends in] and serve.